Toby & Eve
Updated: Apr 1, 2020
It always feels a little bit different when you’re photographing people you’ve become friends with – I so often get caught up in the emotion of it all, standing there in awe when, technically, my job is to capture that scene I’m feeling and experiencing in a digital, printable format.
Knowing Toby and Eve as I do, I suspected this wedding would be quirky, full of poetry and colour. Their vows and readings to each other were anything but cliché; my personal highlight was Eve's delivery of 'Toby's 10 Commandments'
1. Thou shalt not confine Eve in thy farts.
2. Thou shalt not call Eve 'Steve'.
3. Thou shalt not be little spoon more than big spoon.
4. Thou shalt not wipe bogies on thee.
5. Thou shalt not wear Eve's overgarments, or undergarments.
6. Thou shalt not threaten to deport thee.
7. Thou shalt not use Slayer lyrics in thy's wedding vows.
8. Thou shalt remember the sabbath, and keep it crepe-y.
9. Thou shalt not make a mockery of thee's homeland, eh.
10. Thou shalt not put thou's cold dead hands on thee.
It was a pleasure to be to direct them, photograph them and share the greatest day of their lives with them. So I thank them for allowing me to be in the front row whilst they vowed to give their lives to each other. There's a few images from their album to flick through, enjoy!
Their love is bold.